The original cast's reaction to the new Charmed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The original cast's reaction to the new Charmed

Here's a place to discuss the comments the original stars of Charmed have made concerning the new incarnation.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Charmed_header-1-550x297.png Views:	1 Size:	283.9 KB ID:	180

(source: insidevancouver.ca)

Alyssa Milano
    “I wish that they would have come to us and we would have been involved since the beginning. But having said that, I do hope that it reaches the newer generation and impacts that generation the way ours was able to do for its generation.”
    Concerning her possible return to Charmed: “I think that ship has sailed for me.” (ET Online)

Holly Marie Combs
    “Let me say first that I appreciate the jobs and opportunities the Charmed reboot has created. But I will never understand what is fierce, funny, or feminist in creating a show that basically says the original actresses are too old to do a job they did 12 years ago. I hope the new show is far better than the marketing so the true legacy does remain.” (Twitter)
    "Reboots fair better when they honor the original as opposed to taking shots at the original. Reboots also do better when they listen to a still passionate fan base which is what it’s all about, isn’t it? That’s why we do reboots. The fans are why we all get to do what we do. So we wish them well and hope for success.” (Twitter)

Shannen Doherty
    “I think it's great. I think it's awesome. I think second lives are amazing, so I'm all for it… I'm happy to see that a show, that back then was all about strong women who supported and loved each other, is now coming back again in this day and age. It's about female empowerment again -- not that that's something new. Charmed originally was that too. But I think it's wonderful, you know? And it's providing a lot of jobs for people, and I honestly, I just wish them well. And I hope that everyone just gives them a chance.”
    Shannen Doherty's reaction when asked if she wanted to be on the reboot: "And I’m like, ‘Oh my God, I can’t be the reboot queen!’ “ (Entertainment Weekly)

Rose McGowan
    "I wish everyone the best. I have zero reboot issues. Fly, girls, fly." (Twitter)

What do you think about the original's reaction to Charmed 2.0? I'm really conflicted ...
Working...
X